15 September 2010

Hua Hin, Krabi and Penang Drive

With my family onboard, we took a leisurely drive from Hua Hin down to Krabi and Penang before landing back in Singapore. It was a leisurely drive for most parts of the journey since I had passengers onboard. The car was also experiencing some vibration around 2300 rpm or around the 110 km/h mark. So, I either had to travel at 100 km/h or above 120 km/h. Well, the choice was obvious. Got stopped on the way down by a Thai patrol officer who could not speak English. It was obvious what he wanted so I gave it to him. I hate doing that but that's the way things goes in the Land of Smiles. Got onto the legendary Route 44 which cuts across from Surat Thani to Krabi. It is a beautiful road with great scenery, nicely paved and occasionally,  a car or two. It is the straightest road you will ever find. Overall, it was a very nice drive especially with the family onboard. We drove around Penang to see some of the sights and of course, we ate and ate and ate. It is a drive that I can do over and over again.